It is not often a Wisconsin-Indiana game will get much buzz … and maybe outside the Big Ten world it isn’t, but obviously this is a huge divisional game upcoming Saturday.
Of course, this isn’t a top 25 game so as usual predictions are a bit scarce, but here’s what could be drummed up from around the Web:
- CBSSports.com’s Mike Singer: Wisconsin 38, Indiana 31. “Getting pressure in the pocket to force an untimely turnover could swing the momentum.”
- BTN.com’s Tom Dienhart and Brent Yarina: Dienhart – Wisconsin 41, Indiana 28. “The Hoosiers will keep it close for a half before the big, tough and physical Badgers wear down Indiana with their run game. And a one-dimensional Hoosier offense (pass, pass, pass) won’t beat this underrated Wisconsin defense.”; Yarina – Wisconsin 34, Indiana 23. “The Indiana defense has played much better the last two weeks, but check out Montee Ball’s numbers in three career games vs. the Hoosiers: 424 rushing yards, 8 touchdowns, 6.7 yards per carry and 66 receiving yards.”
- ESPN.com’s Adam Rittenberg and Brian Bennett: Rittenberg – Wisconsin 34, Indiana 27. “Hoosier Nation should be fired up for this one, and Indiana will ride the momentum to an early lead on a Cody Latimer touchdown catch. But Wisconsin eventually will settle down and start controlling the line of scrimmage, displaying the necessary sense of urgency. The line will wear down the Hoosiers in the second half, and Ball and White will combine for 210 rush yards and three scores. Phillips will make some key throws down the stretch as Wisconsin prevails to secure a spot in Indy.”; Bennett – Wisconsin 31, Indiana 24. “It’s the biggest Indiana game in almost 20 years. Unfortunately, the Badgers are about to turn the Cinderella Hoosiers back into a pumpkin. Wisconsin will struggle to get much going in the passing game under new quarterback Curt Phillips, but it won’t matter as Montee Ball and James White lead a 300-yard rushing effort and Bret Bielema’s team clinches a berth in Indy.
- All four analysts at Athlon Sports are picking Wisconsin to win a close game. The scores: 30-28, 31-26, 34-27, 21-14.
- SI.com’s Stewart Mandel: Wisconsin 26, Indiana 22.
- Collegefootballnews.com: Wisconsin 38, Indiana 27. “Phillips will come up with a sharp and effective game, and after a quarter the Badger running game will get rumbling. The Wisconsin defense will have a few problems with an IU passing game that will keep pressing all game long, but the linebacking tandem of Mike Taylor and Chris Borland will dominate leading the way to a +2 turnover margin.”
- Sporting News’ Matt Hayes and Steve Greenberg: Hayes – Indiana 33, Wisconsin 31 “Why not. Why the heck not? The Hoosiers can score on anyone and the Badgers are a weekly crapshoot.”.; Greenberg – Wisconsin 38, Indiana 20. “I don’t care if Bucky Badger is under center for the visitors in this one, they’re not losing.”
- The Oklahoman’s Barry Tremel: Wisconsin 42, Indiana 32.
- Scout.com’s Benjamin Worgull: Wisconsin 31, Indiana 21.
- Finally, as usual, cast your vote in our poll and submit your prediction in the comments below.
Read This Article: Wisconsin-Indiana predictions
Tags: badger, half, hayes, hoosier, indiana, phillips, prediction, score, wear, won