As can be expected this week, Wisconsin is the pick to beat Minnesota in the predictions from around the web (of what could be found).
I’ve seen Wisconsin favored between a 17- and 19-point favorite over the Gophers. Keep in mind, under Bret Bielema, the Badgers have never lost when favored by double digits (36-0).
Now onto the predictions (admittedly some slim picking this week):
- ESPN.com’s Adam Rittenberg and Brian Bennett: Rittenberg – Wisconsin 38, Minnesota 20. “If the Gophers were healthy, they’d keep this close and have a chance to pull off the upset. But too many key injuries, combined with a Wisconsin team that has regained its mojo, lead to another fairly easy win for Bret Bielema’s crew.”; Bennett – Wisconsin 34, Minnesota 17. “Minnesota has had trouble stopping the run the past two games, and that’s not a good sign going against a Badgers offensive line that is getting back to form. Ball drops the axe on the Gophers with three scores, and an underrated Wisconsin defense keeps Max Shortell & Co. at bay.”
- CBSSports.com’s Mike Singer: Wisconsin 41, Minnesota 17. “Minnesota’s defense needs to keep the game close because its offense can’t keep up with the Badgers.”
- BTN.com’s Tom Dienhart and Brent Yarina: Dienhart – Wisconsin 44, Minesota 14. “The Badgers have it rolling, as the offense has come alive and rediscovered its right cross (physical ground game). Conversely, the Golden Gophers have looked sluggish on both sides of the ball in losing two straight. Swing that axe, Bucky!”; Yarina – Wisconsin 38, Minnesota 13. “The Wisconsin offense is back on track, and now Montee Ball and company face a defense that’s surrendered an average of 195 rushing yards in two Big Ten games.”
- The Oklahoman’s Barry Tremel: Wisconsin 34, Minnesota 19.
- All four analysts as Athlon Sports are picking Wisconsin to win. The scores: 30-14, 31-10, 38-20 and 21-14.
- No official prediction from collegefootballnews.com, but the site sees Wisconsin losing only one game the rest of the season and it isn’t to Minnesota.
- Former Badgers safety Chris Maragos: Wisconsin 34, Minnesota 17.
- Finally, as usual, post your prediction in the comments below and vote in our poll.
Read This Article: Wisconsin-Minnesota predictions
Tags: axe, ball, bennett, dienhart, gophers, losing, prediction, rittenberg, win